Other Rack Supported Structures
Almost any new warehouse designed for high density storage can be designed and built as a rack supported building. Comparisons of rack-supported vs. conventional buildings consistently favor rack supported with regards to maximizing storage and lowering SF construction costs.
Rack Supported Structures
- Utilize less floor space
- Have a lower initial investment
- Allows greater asset depreciation per year
- Can be structurally superior due to the loads spread across multiple frames
- Have shorter construction schedules
Other applications include but are not limited to:
- Small stand-alone storage buildings
- Simple pallet racks with cantilevered roof
- Custom designed systems
- See our mezzanines page, for illustrations of mezzanines utilizing pallet racks as support structure.