- Distribution and Warehousing
- Assembly Areas – jib and bridge cranes assist in moving products through production stages and processes
- Warehousing – jib and bridge cranes move heavy, large products to and from loading dock areas
- Transportation – jib and bridge cranes assist in loading finished products onto open flatbed trailers or railcars
- Storage – jib and bridge cranes move heavy items to and from storage areas
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Improved Ergonomics
- Lower Maintenance Costs
- Precise Positioning
- Reduction in Product Damage
- Reduced Labor Costs
- Increased Safety
- Increased Higher Stacking Ability
- Improved Navigation via Faster Direct Paths
Industrial Workstation Jib Cranes
Jib Cranes are commonly used by most industries to move and place heavy loads from one location to another. They are usually equipped with wire ropes, hoist ropes or chains, are capable of moving loads both vertically and horizontally, and are available in floor and wall mounted versions.
They are among the easiest mechanical cranes to use, consisting of three major components – MAST which is the vertical support structure that holds the BOOM at a right angle, and a TROLLEY which rides horizontally back and forth along the boom and contains the hoist, wire rope and lifting hook. From a side angle the jib crane looks like an upside down “L”.
MET-TRACK® Workstation Jib Cranes
These jib cranes are an ideal solution for supporting hoists, air balancers, tool balancers, welding equipment, and vacuum lifters being used in close and confined working areas. They are available in two standard rotations, 200° or 360°, depending on the style of jib crane you choose.
The smooth and effortless jib arm rotation and trolley travel allow operators maximum control with minimal effort, which increases productivity and reduces labor costs and time. Safety is increased and injuries are reduced, because of the ease of movement and low user force required to operate the jib.
Jib Cranes Features:
- Floor mounted rotation of 200° or 360°, depending on the model.
- Ceiling mounted rotation of 200°.
- Capacities up to 1,000 lbs.
- Spans of up to 16’.
- Circular coverage.
- Floor mounted jib cranes can usually be mounted directly to standard concrete floors without the need for adding special foundations, but consult your architect to confirm this is the case for your application.
Industrial Workstation Bridge Cranes
Bridge cranes, also referred to as overhead cranes, are commonly used in manufacturing or maintenance applications to lift, position and transport raw materials, product and machinery. Their components consist of parallel runways with a traveling bridge that span the gap, and a hoist which is the lifting component of the crane that travels along the bridge.
MET-TRACK® Workstation Bridge Cranes provide effortless and reliable lifting, positioning and transporting abilities for a wide range of applications. These cranes are designed to make the operator’s job easier by reducing fatigue and ensuring accurate load positioning.
These bridge cranes can be either floor mounted which are not made a permanent part of your building so they can be relocated when needs change and does not apply stress to the building roof structure; or ceiling mounted which are an ideal option when floor space is at a premium or access is required by other equipment where floor support steels would normally be needed. This option does requires that you make sure the support structure can handle the load weight needed.
Bridge Crane System Features:
- Capacities range from 150 lbs to 4,000 lbs.
- Bridge lengths up to 34’.
- Runway supports up to 30’.
- Low cost solution.
- Includes modular kit form.
- Easy to install and/or extend.
- Mixed capacity systems available.
- Large range of mounting options available.
Bridge Crane Feature & Benefits:
- Kits are individually sized to suit your exact space requirements.
- Enclosed track allows for easy movement and longevity.
- Superior load positioning offered by rigid runways.
- Easier movement of bridge and trolleys ensured by smooth rolling surface.
- No movement or “crabbing” of the bridge.
- Multiple track profiles and span available.