Companies are looking for ways to save money and improve efficiencies, and multi-level shelving systems might be the solution you have been looking for. These metal shelving systems allow you to take advantage of unused vertical space to create additional storage space within your existing facility.
There are several different types of multi-level shelving systems you can choose from, depending on your specific needs:
- Multi-Tier Metal Shelving Systems
- Full Mat Metal Shelving Systems
- Catwalk Metal Shelving Systems
- Free Standing Mezzanine Metal Shelving Systems
Multi-Level shelving systems are an ideal solution for many hand loaded shelving applications including:
- Retail & Industrial Distribution Centers
- Medical Data or Archival Facilities
- Automotive Distribution Centers
Advantages of Multi-Tier Shelving Systems include:
- Can double or triple usable storage space.
- Saves expense of costly building expansions or facility moves and the down times associated with them.
- Multi-Level shelving eliminates extra heating, cooling and lighting costs.
- Provide tax benefits – most tax laws consider multi-level shelving systems as equipment, not real property. This allows you to minimize, or avoid all together, additional property taxes and benefit from the depreciation advantages granted to equipment over buildings.
Multi-Tier Metal Shelving Systems
This style of metal shelving allows you to greatly increase your storage space by capitalizing on unused vertical space. By building up you can add additional floor levels and double or triple your usable storage space. Multi-tier Shelving systems are custom designed to fit the specific needs of your facility. They can be built from scratch or added to existing shelving systems without the need to disassemble the existing shelving.
This metal shelving can adapt to practically any free-standing or fixed storage structures in your facility.
Full Mat Metal Shelving Systems
Full Mat Shelving Systems consist of a lower (main) level shelf supported metal shelving system, with a “second floor” of solid or grated floor built over and supported by the entire lower level. This style of metal shelving system allows for unlimited shelving placement. Since post-to-post match-ups are not required, the second level can be used to store units of differing sizes and types, placed were you wish them to be.
These metal shelving systems are a favorite with automotive dealerships, distributors and warehouses that have large items with awkward and hard to store shapes and sizes.
Full mat shelving systems are a more cost effective alternative to freestanding mezzanines.
Catwalk Metal Shelving Systems
Catwalk Shelving Systems consist of lower (main) level of metal shelving, with a second level of shelving and aisles actually attached to the lower level of shelving. The metal shelving is either vertically continuous from or stacked as an extension of the lower level shelving. This requires post-to-post match-ups of the metal shelving between levels, but makes catwalk shelving systems less expensive to construct over other types of multi-level shelving systems.
Catwalk Shelving Systems are an economical storage solution that easily increases your storage space vertically to a second level. Their load capacities meet average industrial demands for medium and lightweight items in a wide range of sizes and shapes.
They are designed to be incorporated robotic, barcoding, and wire guided picking systems, and are ideal for storage of small to medium sized, non-palletized materials.