With many different types of Pallet Rack Systems available, Selective Rack is the most commonly used and allows for immediate access to every pallet space, with minimal loading and unloading times. It is ideal for companies with a large variety of goods, that you need access to at all times.
Aisles of rack are usually placed back to back, with a row in between for easy access. Forklifts are needed for anything stored above the bottom level. Operations that deal with a lot of different SKUs will use selective rack.
- Direct access to all product being stored.
- No need to move other product to get to what you need.
- Inventory control is easier because goods are stored only one deep and you can see what your stock levels are.
- First in / first out system.
- Least expensive style of rack per square foot.
- Standard forklift can be used, no need for special equipment.
Things to consider when designing a selective rack system are:
- Pallet load size and weights
- Number of pallet positions needed
- Pallet jack and forklift dimensions (for aisle width)
- Usable warehouse height, taking into consideration venting, sprinkler head s and other things handing from the ceiling
- Seismic requirements
- Building codes and permits
If you think a Selective Pallet Rack System might be right for your operation, and would like to talk to one of our professionals about designing a custom system for you, click here.