Material Handling & Storage Project Planning & Design Layout
Industrial System Project Planning
Attention to detail when designing and engineering a project is crucial to creating a system that can increase productivity and improve profitability. Our primary goal is to provide the best solution for your material handling needs. We strive to save you both money and time while providing systems that can functionally meet your needs. A site evaluation, prior to signing a lease, can allow us to confirm that the building will be able to support your operational needs. Space, column layout, building height, and fire sprinkler system can all impact how efficiently your business will operate in a new space.
Design / Layout
Having the latest (digital/ computer/ electronic) tools and the knowledge to use them gives us the ability to design a system exactly to your specific tolerances. 3D walk through simulation can be computer generated to provide the ultimate as-built simulation. Systems designed properly the first time eliminate delays and change orders to save time and money.
Engineering and Permitting
Applied Handling NW can supply drawings, calculations, and engineering packages stamped by a licensed state engineer for submittal to the building department for required permits. Systems are designed to meet the current specific codes adopted by specific jurisdictions, including but not limited to IBC, ADA, UBC, and the NFPA.
Applied Handling Benefits
- Asking the “right” questions to understand the desired result.
- Laser measured and computer drawn layouts to ensure the proper fit.
- Evaluation of potential warehouse space & floor condition.
- Approval drawings to ensure systems are designed to the exact specifications.
- Utilize the latest version of Auto CAD, in-house for quick drawing/ plotting turnaround.
- Integration of material handling layout with CAD drawings from other disciplines.
- 3D drawings and video walk-through.
- Permit Submittal Packages for building departments.
- Engineering Submittal package, stamped to include calculations and detail drawings.
- Preliminary fire protection review & evaluation.