If you are in need of an effective storage system for your business, you may need to upgrade your warehouse pallet racking. Efficient storage systems can make a world of difference in businesses that utilize a large amount of space for storage.
With an effectively designed warehouse pallet racking system, you can use vertical storage to maximize your space, your employees can move around your warehouse easier, and you will have fewer safety concerns throughout the workday. Your system can also work for you and your business, maximizing growth and profits.
There are many different types of pallet racking options to consider and each can bring many benefits to your warehouse. With Applied Handling NW, you can get a custom-designed warehouse pallet racking system that benefits your company to the fullest and preserves capital on your front-end.
Types of Warehouse Pallet Racking Options
Warehouse pallet racks can be anywhere from 4 feet to 40 feet high, and shelf capacities can go up to as much as 20,000 pounds. There are many types of options to choose from, and many can be integrated with one another to create the best system for your needs. The types of warehouse pallet racking options include:
- Selective pallet racking – This pallet racking system is best used for businesses that have a large variety of products and a low turnover of each individual product.
- Push back pallet racking – These are best used for warehouses that have multiple pallets of each product, holding 2 to 6 pallets per lane.
- Pallet flow pallet racking – Also known as gravity flow racks, uses a loading side and an unloading side, and the system moves the product with gravity. It’s best used for a first-in, first-out (FIFO) system.
- Drive-in and drive-thru racks – These types of racks allow forklifts to load/unload from either side of the rack or on both sides. Drive-in racking systems only have a single entrance, and drive-thru systems can be accessed on either lane.
- Carton flow/case picking – This system increases product flow and uses gravity to feed the front of the rack. Sloped racks are built with either rollers or wheels, seamlessly employing the FIFO method for product storage.
- Cantilever rack – If your business has oddly shaped or large items, cantilever pallet racking systems allow for easy flexibility with adjustable arms. They are a series of columns and can store many sizes, shapes, and weights all in one.
- Rack supported structures – These built-in structures both store your goods and support your building. They are planned for during new construction, saving time and money for your business.
- Pick module systems – These are efficient, high-volume case picking systems that can include small parts distribution. The custom-designed systems take care of storing, product handling, and shipping.
- Used pallet racks – Used pallet racking systems can be a wonderful budget-friendly choice for many different applications. Check out our used pallet racking handbook for top tips on used pallet racks.
- Pallet rack, repair, safety & accessories – Every pallet racking system should be well-maintained and include the proper safety accessories. During regular maintenance, parts may need to be replaced to prevent accidents.
Whether you know the right system for your needs or you’re not sure how to create the best system for your application, our knowledgeable staff at Applied Handling NW can help you.
Which Businesses Benefit from Pallet Racking Systems?
Applied Handling NW helps a variety of businesses with the design and install of pallet racking systems, benefitting their profits and their day-to-day operations.
Popular pallet racking applications include:
- Dry storage
- Coolers and freezers
- Exterior racks
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Food processing or distribution
- Building materials and products
- And more
Not sure which pallet rack system type is best for your application? An Applied Handling NW warehouse pallet racking expert can help you choose the right type for your application and needs, optimizing your storage and improving your business operations.
The Many Benefits of Pallet Racking
Whether your business is looking to implement its first warehouse pallet racking system, you’ve expanded and need to design a new system, or you’re displeased with your current system, an efficient storage system can increase profit after implementation, in addition to preserving capital.
Pallet racking systems are custom-designed to meet your individual storage needs, and there are many types available for whatever your application may be. You can also use a number of systems together.
Pallet racking systems allow you to utilize vertical space in your warehouse and free up floor space for your workers to move around more comfortably. Your warehouse can function more optimally with storage systems that increase productivity, working smarter and more profitably.
Safety Precautions for Pallet Racking
In addition to choosing the right system, it’s important to take note of the important safety precautions for implementing pallet racking systems. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) provides guidance for materials handling and storage, which includes potential hazards, safety requirements, and more, and they also provide standards for securing pallet racks.
Get Help with Your Warehouse Pallet Racking Needs
An Applied Handling NW pallet racking specialist is standing by, ready to help you with your pallet racking needs. From your first consultation to the design and installation, you will love seeing your business’ storage goals come to life.